Close Shots: Quotes, Proverbs and One-Liners
by Michele Deradune
Dear each and every one and only,
Thanks for dropping by! For this month's CLOSE SHOTS I'd like to share some of my favorite quotes and one-liners:
- "If you get an impulse in a scene, no matter how wrong it seems, follow the impulse. It might be something and if it ain't, take two!" - Jack Nicholson
- People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
- The Hawthorne Effect (a term in behavioral science) says that if you are excited about something and believe that what you are doing and are excited about it and portray that excitement you will see growth and development as an outcome.
- "One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!" - Winston Churchill
- "Passions elevate the soul to great things. - Denis Diderot
- Your worst humiliation is only someone else's momentary entertainment. (Karen Crockett)
- Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. (General George S. Patton, Jr.)
- When everything seems to be going against you, remember the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. (Henry Ford)
- "Believe the best of everybody." - Rudyard Kipling
- "Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster. If you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
- No matter how far you have gone on a wrong road, turn back. (Turkish proverb)
- Forgiveness is like the fragrance a flower gives after it's been stepped on.
- "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself 'I've lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along'. You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
- "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
- "When you get into a tight place, and everything goes against you, 'til it seems as if you couldn't hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that's just the place and time that the tide'll turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe
- "Let him sing to whom a song is given." - Johann Ludwig Uhland
- If you are willing to admit you are wrong when you are wrong, you are all right.
- You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. (Malcolm Forbes)
- Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. (Cindy Clabough)
- Being yourself is being the person everyone else wants you to be.
- Pay attention to your enemies, for they are the first to discover your mistakes. (Antisthenes)
- There is a Soul inside of your Soul.
Search that Soul.
There is a jewel in the mountain of body.
Look for the mine of that jewel.
Oh people passing by,
Search inside if you can, not outside. (Jalaluddin Rumi)
- "No matter what you do, how much you do, don't be distracted from your core." - Prem Rawat (Maharaji)
Until next time!
Michele Déradune is a film actress and voice talent represented by Ciao! Talents. She had a principal supporting role as Mel in SNAKE TALES (Winner "Best Independent Film Comedy," Gene Siskel Film Center, June 2001), was featured in an unscripted movie by actor/director KEVIN SPACEY, and was the voice of Wakana in the soon-to-be released English version of the Japanese anime SAKURA WARS. You can see Michele's online acting résumé at http://www.deradune.com.